Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sand, sea, sunset .... and gals!!!

Guess where I went yesterday (Saturday) ? Yup, I went to the beach! The beach behind Golden Sands Resort, to be more precise. I went there with a bunch of old friends from Jelutong primary school. Yes, yes, yes, there were gals alright...but only a handful of them turned up. Anyway, lets not talk about the gals just yet. Basically, we didn't do anything much. We ate sandwiches for lunch, chat, and splash around in the water. Mostly it was just chatting. Also, we went for a bumpy ride on the banana boat. Although I hate to say this, I must admit that I was a nervous wreck and my heart was pounding like crazy before the ride, no thanks to my inability to swim. I started to feel more comfortable when the ride began...until the final trip back to the shore, that is. That's when things started to get ugly (not THAT ugly, no one was hurt during the ride). A friend of mine nearly fell off the boat as it was going too fast ( I guess it's too FAST for her to handle...). Luckily, the Malay guy managed to stop the boat in time, or else the sharks would be able have a HUGE meal for lunch (laughs).
I was kinda disappointed that some of my friends failed to turn up. The more the merrier, right? Couldn't blame them though, since we were only informed of the time and venue at the eleventh hour. Anyway, we still managed to have loads of fun. It's really nice being able to catch up with old friends and chat ( not to mention playing) like there is no tomorrow. Just like the good old days...

No comments: